WELCOME TO LINTON ZOO
Hadstock Road, Linton, Cambridgeshire, CB21 4NT. Telephone: 01223 891308
For the latest news and cute pictures faster, follow us on
SENIOR ZOO KEEPER - full time
We currently have a full-time permanent senior keeper position available for an experienced, highly motivated, reliable and enthusiastic individual.
The applicant must be flexible about their duties within the zoo and should be prepared to be involved in all aspects of animal care associated with the daily, safe and smooth running of a family owned and managed conservation and education park with a diverse collection of animals.
This is a physically demanding role which requires kneeling, crawling, climbing etc. and the ability to lift heavy food, straw bales etc. in varying weather conditions. The successful candidate will be expected to work to a flexible rota as necessary to include weekends, Public holidays and occasional evenings. Holidays should be taken off season.
This is a full time role working an average of 40 hours a week over 5 days, working days will vary over a 7 day rota, including weekends, bank holidays and occasional evenings as required. The salary for this position is £22,000.00 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
- must be hard working, conscientious and uphold high standards of animal husbandry and welfare. Attention to detail and a consistent level of work standard is essential.
- must have the ability to lead, supervise and train junior staff members/trainees with excellent communication skills.
- should be proficient in public speaking.
- must be willing to assist with other areas of the park, including tours, educational presentations, general maintenance and upkeep of public areas.
- must have completed the DMZAA course or hold an equivalent qualification.
- should have experience with using and knowledge of ZIMS.
- should have a broad knowledge of husbandry practices, an understanding of Zoo licence regulations and a minimum of 5 years full-time paid work in a similar role.
- must have proven experience of working with large mammals such as zebra, tapirs, big cats and other Category 1 species.
- would preferably have firearms training and have experience of working within a zoo firearms team.
- are expected to work to a flexible rota as necessary to include weekends and Public holidays.
- should have a full driving licence and car
If you would like the chance to join our great team, please download an application form and send this with a covering letter and CV to Kim Simmons, Linton Zoo, Hadstock Road, Linton, Cambridgeshire CB21 4NT or email to email@example.com stating any previous experience and availability.
Please note: we will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews throughout the advertised period for this role. The role may therefore be filled prior to the closing date so we would encourage you to submit your application form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Due to the number of applications we receive we are only able to respond to candidates
who are successful through to the interview stage.
You may also be interested in...
Can't find exactly what you're looking for, download a general vacancy application form
We are members of the following: