WELCOME TO LINTON ZOO
Hadstock Road, Linton, Cambridgeshire, CB21 4NT. Telephone: 01223 891308
For the latest news and cute pictures faster, follow us on
BOOKING TICKETS TO VISIT
We recommend that you read this information carefully to understand everything you need to know before you visit, what to expect when you visit and how to book.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
- To comply with government regulations on social distancing, we have implemented a timed entry booking system so we can limit the number of visitors on site each day and to stagger arrivals throughout the day.
- To comply with government regulations on social distancing, we have implemented a timed entry booking system to stagger arrivals throughout the day.
- You must not meet socially in groups of more than 6 - children, including babies, count toward the number.
Exceptions apply as detailed on www.gov.uk
- We ask that you stick to your allocated arrival time slot as entry to the zoo cannot be guaranteed if you miss it.
- Once in the zoo, you are welcome to stay until we close.
- E-tickets are valid for the date selected at the time of purchase only and are non-refundable, for any reason. Therefore, we strongly recommend you double check your booking (and the weather forecast) before proceeding to the checkout and completing your purchase.
Government advice is changing frequently and we will continue to follow the Government guidelines on social distancing and hygiene within our zoo. However, in some cases we will continue to keep in place measures we feel we need to protect our staff, visitors and of course our animals.
The safety and welfare of our visitors, staff and animals is our top priority, so we kindly ask that all visitors adhere to the safety measures we have implemented, so that we can ensure the safest experience possible for everyone.
CORONAVIRUS AND YOUR VISIT
- You will receive a confirmation email containing your e-tickets, you must have this ready to show on your entry to the car park. TOP TIP - Mobile signal is notoriously bad around the zoo so we advise you to take a screen shot/photo to show instead.
- We are an outdoor attraction, with country-park like trails that lead through a woodland environment. TOP TIP Check the forecast and come prepared, bring suitable footwear if it's been raining.
- Tickets can be purchased up to 1 hour prior to visiting and are available on a first-come first-served basis as we are required to limit the number of visitors on site each day.
- Tickets are released regularly in batches. Please keep checking back if the date you want is not yet available. We are monitoring the situation closely and will release tickets for each date as soon as we feel it is safe to do so.
- In line with government guidelines face coverings MUST be worn in the gift shop as of Friday 24th July, if you are able to do so. The guidelines make it clear that our colleagues on the front line are not required to wear face coverings.
- The coffee shop is open serving from the door. Hot and cold food / drinks are available as take away only. The picnic tables immediately outside the coffee shop are for those with food purchased from the coffee shop only as it has come from a known COVID free environment. You will be asked to move back to the car park if you take out any of your own food in this area.
- Picnicking is restricted to the grassy car park field area only, parking is within the zoo gates so you can return to this area throughout your visit. You may not take any of your own food, including snacks or drink (except water or babies bottles) into the zoo. Picnic tables throughout the zoo have been removed.
- Bins have been removed – it is even more important now to take your own rubbish home and recycle responsibly. Littering puts people at risk of COVID and your discarded rubbish puts wildlife at risk!
- Over 100 new signage boards with reminders to wash hands, keep social distance and follow new one way rules have been installed around the zoo. Hand sanitisation facilities are available throughout the zoo.
- Children must be accompanied and closely supervised at all times, remaining within your groups bubble.
- The toilets are now unisex which are one family/household at a time.
- Keeper talks and animal feeds have been temporarily suspended so as not to encourage grouping of visitors.
- Animal encounters, keeper experiences and VIP lemur / tortoise tours will not be taking place for the foreseeable future. We pride ourselves on the fact that all our animal experiences are very up close and personal, which is not possible whilst social distancing. Of course we want to be able to offer these experiences as soon as possible, both for you and the conservation charities we support with the funds raised by them, but will not reinstate them until we feel it is safe for all to do so. Gift vouchers will be extended to cover the time we have not been able to offer these.
- The children’s play area and bouncy castle will remain closed for the time being.
- Please do not touch any handrails, windows, fence posts, surfaces or buildings throughout your visit.
- The zoo, including the car park, closes promptly at 4pm to allow staff to carry out the deeper cleans and litter picks required.
- DO NOT visit if you are, or you have been in contact with someone who is, showing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been informed by the Track and Trace system that you should self isolate. We would urge everyone to refer to Government advice before making a decision to visit the zoo. Help us keep the zoo a virus free destination for all to enjoy.
- For those who have difficulty in walking distances we advise you bring your own fold away seat. Picnic tables have been withdrawn as advised.
- All other standard entry terms and conditions apply as displayed on our website.
Whilst we have taken every precaution to make your visit safe, we politely ask you and anyone in your care, to act responsibly at all times and to adhere to all the guidance set out throughout the grounds to ensure the safety of all our visitors, staff and animals.
We've done what we can, but it is the responsibility of our visitors to ensure they and all members of their party, follow the guidelines to help us keep the zoo a virus free destination for all to enjoy.
We would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone for your support during this difficult time. We look forward to seeing you.
We are members of the following: